For many people, traditions are amongst the best and most important aspects of Christmas. Given the season comes but once a year, there is a lot to be said for having things you do every year. A good Christmas tradition brings people together, and it helps you to have fun in a way that is special to you and your loved ones.
There are many common and popular Christmas traditions, but you likely have Christmas traditions of your own. If you and your family sit down for a meal on Christmas Eve, this is a tradition that is perfect for you, but it is not something every family or household does. If you and your loved ones give each other gifts in the build-up to the festive season, it is a brilliant way to show you love each other, but it isn’t a tradition that every family follows.
What makes Christmas special for you?
The fact that Christmas traditions are often personal is what helps make them so special. There is nothing better than spending quality time with your loved ones, enjoying yourself in a way that is unique to you.
Some of the most popular Christmas traditions are as follows:
- Drinking from your Christmas mug
- Going Christmas carolling
- Hanging a stocking on the wall
- Laying out food and drink for Santa Claus and his reindeer
- Listen to your favourite festive songs or Christmas carols
- Opening your Advent calendar every day
- Opening your selection box
- Pick out your tree and then decorate it with loved ones
- Setting up a nativity scene
- Shopping at a Christmas market
- Visiting the Christmas lights turning on event ion your nearest town or city
- Walk around your neighbourhood looking at Christmas lights and traditions
- Watch your favourite Christmas movie
- Wearing Christmas pyjamas
- Wearing Christmas slippers
- Write Christmas cards
- Writing a letter to Santa
Writing a letter to Santa is an excellent start to the festive season. Kids love writing a letter to Santa, as it helps them formalise a list of what they want for Christmas. However, it can be a great tradition that brings the family together.
A personalised letter from Santa is a brilliant gift
Of course, a personalised letter from Santa to a child is a brilliant tradition that many families enjoy. This style of note is a highlight of the festive season, and it reinforces how special your child is. Whether you want to ensure your child behaves to get on the nice list before Christmas or you want to reinforce how great they are doing, a letter from Santa Claus is a brilliant way of helping them out and letting them know.
Some families arrange for a personalised letter from Santa Claus to be read on Christmas Eve, just before he visits the house. This letter is a brilliant gift that sets the tone for the festive season, but it also brings the family together in a lovely way.
If you want to add a personalised letter from Santa Claus to your list of Christmas traditions, check out Lapland Mailroom, and the full range of Santa letter they offer.