Temporary or portable structures have become very popular in the construction industry. They have advantages over permanent buildings provided that they satisfy the needs of the owners. They come in different sizes, shapes, and styles. Clients can choose from the many types of portable structures such as;
i. Modular buildings – These buildings are manufactured elsewhere and sent to the construction site where they are assembled. They are ideal for storing a number of items both personal and industrial. They are similar to modern buildings because of their complexity.
ii. Steel structures – These buildings are more traditional and easier to construct. They have a simple framework and are primarily made of steel.
iii. Steel and fabric buildings – These buildings are large but quite simple. They are suitable for the storage of industrial products.
iv. Buildings on wheels – These are more like tiny homes that you can move around whenever you need to. They are simpler than traditional homes but offer close comfort.
v. Prefabricated wood buildings – These are ideal for people who need a long-term plan and do not plan on moving. These structures are very secure and have attractive designs.
1) Mounting portable structures
Portable structures are easier to mount compared to permanent buildings. Some of these structures come ready to use while others need to be put together at the construction site. The most important thing to consider during mounting is following rules, regulations, and safety precautions. The safety precautions include:
· Ensure that you do not work in bad weather. Wet or icy areas can lead to accidents and severe consequences.
· Use ramps and ladders when necessary. Do not go on high parts of the structure without protective climbing gear.
· Install protective features such as rails to hold onto while mounting the structures.
· Avoid any jewellery or hanging items on your body.
· Ensure that you put on protective gear such as gloves, masks, and head protection.
· Avoid jumping and instead climb down slowly.
2) Usage of portable structures.
Portable structures can be used for purposes such as:
· Extra office space – If the office is quite small for the increasing number of employees or growing business, you can solve this by sourcing temporary building hire to make a portable structure to be used as an office.
· Storage space – If you are in need of a storage space for personal or industrial goods, a temporary portable structure is a perfect fit. They can be built in different shapes and sizes to ensure sufficient space for your items.
· Starting a business – For any startup, capital is a major concern for many young entrepreneurs. A simple portable structure is ideal in this case and it does not require a hefty sum of money to put up. It is also advantageous in the sense that you can move your business around in search of customers or the ideal location.
· Personal use – You can have a temporary building as an extension of your house or in the back yard. You can later use this for any activity you choose.
3) Dismounting portable structures.
A very important aspect of a portable structures is that it can be moved or dismounted once you’re done using it. For every structure, there is a manual together with rules and regulations to follow when dismounting the building.
Portable structures are beneficial to users because they are cheaper, more convenient, and a lot of time is saved during construction. Furthermore, they are kinder to the environment compared to permanent structures.