You might be looking to list your home and relocate to another part of Australia, or perhaps you would like the exterior view to look tidy when the in-laws visit; either way, there are a lot of small improvements you could make to boost the look of your home.
- Power Wash the Roof – You can hire a high-pressure water cleaning machine from the local plant hire company and cleaning the roof will transform the house, while you can also do the driveway, terrace and paths. The appliance has varying nozzles that enable you to create a line and with a little practice, you can restore surfaces to their original state and over a weekend, you can certainly get good value for money.
- Exterior Cladding – If the house is looking a little jaded and you would like a change, choose exterior cladding tiles from Amber Tiles, a leading Australian home-improvement supplies company with very affordable prices. This is far more effective than a fresh coat of paint and with trade prices from the online supplier, transforming the property is within your reach.
- Electric Gating – The very first thing visitors see is the front gates and with bespoke automatic gating, you can design something that complements the property. You can incorporate tech into the design, with keyless access to the side door, CCTV cameras and an intercom system to allow you to talk to the visitor before allowing access. This would be a considerable investment, yet one that would see the value rise, not to mention the added security, which is important in these troubling times. On the topic of home security, here are a few tips for a DIY installation.
- Fascia, Soffit & Guttering – When viewed from the front, the fascia & soffit boards are very visible and if these boards are old and faded, why not replace them with PVC sections? It comes in a range of rich colours and is maintenance-free and your local roofer would be happy to install new stainless-steel guttering, as well as the PVC sections, transforming the look of the property.
- Block Paving – The driveway is a major feature of the frontal elevation and if the asphalt is thinning and weeds are emerging in patches, perhaps it’s time to have dual colour block paving installed. Extremely durable, the blocks can be arranged in many different patterns and using a few colours allows for creativity. The blocks are cube shaped and are much thicker than traditional pavers, so your motorhome won’t cause any damage when parked up and a power wash every few months will keep the driveway looking like new.
Take a look at your home from across the street and make an honest appraisal of the good and bad points and create a ‘to do’ list. You can order all materials online at trade prices and with the lockdowns in place again, you can spend time at home productively. Don’t forget to take before and after images, from exactly the same location, to keep as a memory and an example of what can be done when you put your mind to it.