Anniversary is a very special occasion and the special day deserves a delectable special cake. Whether it is your anniversary or your dear one’s anniversary, cake is an integral part to celebrate the auspicious occasion. We all know that we are bored of the same old classic cakes. So, we have come up with a special happy anniversary cake recipe. The cake is loaded up with the goodness of chocolate and is beautifully decorated with white pearls to give it a royal touch. Without any further delay, let’s dive into the special anniversary cake recipe.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 250 g butter, chopped and at room temperature
- ½ tsp bicarb
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 220 g dark baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- White pearls, to decorate
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the base and sides of a 22 cm square cake container with parchment paper.
- Filter the self rising flour, bicarb, plain flour, and cocoa into a bowl. Include the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Utilizing an electric blender, beat on low until joined. Speed up and beat until butter is completely mixed.
- Fill the cake container, bake for around one hour fifteen minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the cake cool for about five minutes and then invert the cake delicately on a wire rack to cool totally.
- In the meantime, place chocolate into a heat proof container. Heat the cream in a pot until it reaches boiling point. Pour cream over chocolate and let it remain there for two minutes before blending until smooth. Put aside at room temperature for around an hour or until thickened but spreadable.
- Using a spatula, make the top of the cake even so that it has a level surface. Put the cake on a turntable or serving plate with base side up. Pour ganache over the top and drool over the edges of the cake to cover, smoothing as you go. Once ganache is spread all over the cake, let it cool for 30 minutes.
- To decorate the cake, utilize a sharp blade to make a diamond shape pattern over the top and sides of the cake.
- Funnel a little ganache onto the side of every diamond and add charm to it with a pearl. Funnel around edges with ganache if you like to and decorate it with more pearls. Slice into squares and serve!
So, that was the complete chocolate anniversary cake recipe. Hope you liked the recipe for a lip-smacking cake. Try it out the next time there is an anniversary celebration. If baking the cake is not possible for you, then you can always order cake online in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, or in any other city from a reliable online bakery. Happy eating! Happy baking! Happy partying!