We spend more time at home than anywhere else and thanks to the pandemic, many people have been confined to their homes for long periods, which can be very stressful. This is one more reason to do what you can to make your home a nicer place to be and with that in mind, here are a few tips to do just that.
- Custom made blinds – If your screening leaves a lot to be desired, why not call in a blinds professional who will fabricate the units? Styles include Venetian, Roman, roller and vertical, plus there are rich colours and patterns to add some depth to your interior. If your home is futuristic, electric blinds are ideal! Hi-tech infiltrates every aspect of our lives and you can wow your guests with an effortless, remote-controlled closing of the blinds.
- Glass – Although glass has been around forever, this amazing material is only just being realised for multiple applications in the home and if you would like to see what can be achieved with glass, check out The Frameless Glass Company, a leading UK glazier with a difference. Glass ticks all the boxes; easy to clean, durable and requires no maintenance and with the right glazing company, you can create stunning features in your home.
- Kitchen renovation – While this can be a costly improvement, we do spend more time in this room than anywhere else and the addition of a breakfast bar and new cabinet doors would be a welcome change. If you have a limited budget and are handy around the house, check out YouTube for inspirational ‘how to’ videos on kitchen renovations, which will save money and give you a great feeling of achievement.
- Extra space – If you have a growing family and are looking to extend, there are many options; this is the one improvement that really does hike up the value of the property, so consider it a wise long-term investment. You could go for a stand-alone structure (check out the container homes on Google Images) or add a bricks-and-mortar extension to the rear, depending on how much space you have. If you would like to be more organised, click here.
- Major features – How about a waterwall with coloured LED lights? Or a custom-built aquarium? There are some really creative interior designers out there and you can find some stunning transformations with online searching. If want something custom for your space apexmetalsigns.com can build you it. A wood-burning stove brings with it an even warmth and with eco-friendly log deliveries, you can say goodbye to the cold. Imagine having a circular staircase hand-crafted by a local joiner! Most people mistakenly think that the staircase is a permanent component that comes with the property, when in fact, it is not difficult to install a custom-made unit. There are UK government grants for green homes, which you might be interested in.
Most UK homeowners put some of their disposable income back into their home, which makes sense in more ways than one and with a little creativity, you can transform your living space.