NutriBullet is quite popular in the healthy eating community. Because it is marketed in a creative way to the fitness community, it is viewed as an ideal blender for processing food items like nuts, fruits, berries and preparing smoothies in minutes.
While the brand’s processors are robust, users have reported issues while handling it. Some users have reported that their NutriBullet stopped working after a few months. So if you own a NutriBullet or plan to purchase one shortly, then this article is for you. Learn about the common problems associated with NutriBullet and how to spot them early.
NutriBullet Stopped Working
Perhaps the most common problem among NutriBullet users is that the blender stops working. It’s not just among old users but also common among new users who have just purchased the blender.
When you face this issue, you should look at two things. The first is to ensure the cord is plugged into a power source correctly and that there is no power outage. The cord is manufactured differently depending on the country’s standardization for electronics. You must ensure that you plug in the cord appropriately. At times, it gets loose, which cuts out the power supply to the blender.
If you’re using an old blender, you should also inspect if the wires or other components have been damaged or exposed. Loose wires often get exposed after extended use. So fix them and replace them before you continue using them.
NutriBullet Not Turning On
If the blender does not turn on, then you need to look for the following things:
- You haven’t plugged in the cord to a power source. For the blender to operate as intended, the wall outlets should supply at least 120 volts.
- The cord is faulty. It might be either torn or exposed. So, replace the cord first (for your safety too).
- The cup has a broken tab, or it is missing altogether. In either case, the blender won’t power up.
NutriBullet is Leaking
When there’s a leakage, the smoothie will spill all over the floor. Here are some of the reasons:
- You haven’t screwed the extractor blade onto the cup lid properly. If it isn’t tight, then the liquid will spill out. Check using the ridges on the cup and replace them if necessary.
- The rubber seal or the gasket is torn. Check the underside of the extractor blade and see if the blade is ripped. If that’s the case, replace it as well.
- The cup isn’t secured into the power base. The three slits located on the power base should fit into the three lips located on the cup’s edges.
The Blades are Not Turning
At times, you’ll hear the motor running blades staying static. In such cases, look for the following things:
- It has been in use for a prolonged time. NutriBullet recommends that you do not run it for more than a minute at a time. Otherwise, it can cause the machine to wear out.
- If you sense a burning smell and the blades are not turning at the same time, then you should unplug the blender and let it rest for a few minutes. Overuse might have caused it to stop abruptly. If you’re concerned, you should consult with customer care. There have been reports of NutriBullet exploding.
- The activators (which initiate the blending process) could be stuck. If that’s the case, you need to get them replaced.
Blades Not Cutting the Food
If the blades are unable to slice through the food in the blender, look for the following:
- Cup is full, and you need to remove certain food items.
- The blades have become dull and need to be replaced.
- There’s food stuck in between the blades. So clean them thoroughly before blending again.
So next time you find that your NutriBullet stopped working, check for the above things and fix it at your end. Do not hesitate to contact the support team if the problem persists.