Buying jewellery for women as a gift is not always easy, and can turn out to be quite tricky if you’re not sure about what she likes. Most women love jewellery and they know what looks best on them, so it is always suggested to give her what she loves and not what you want to see her in. Gold, diamonds, precious stones, and pearls do not make every woman happy, nor should you preposterously assume what she likes.
Gifting your beloved unique jewellery that means or represents something will help you make her feel special. After all, the worth of a gift is not determined by its price, but by the thought of the giver. The right jewellery for the right woman is always difficult to find, but following these few tips will make your hunt easier.
- Notice her taste in jewellery: Men mostly get confused while buying jewellery when they do not know what their loved ones prefer, and often end up buying the most expensive jewellery. However, buying the most expensive piece of jewellery may not always be the best way to win her heart.
In order to understand what your beloved likes, observe what she generally wears. A woman always chooses her jewellery wisely and expects the same from you. To meet her expectations, be patient and try to discover her jewellery preferences. This will help you understand her general likes and dislikes when it comes to jewellery, and make an informed purchase decision.
- Pay attention: Every woman is unique and has her own unique preference for jewellery. Some like big diamond rings and gold necklaces while others may prefer platinum earrings or silver rings. Pay attention and look for clues – she, most likely, will make it evident what she likes and what she does not, while commenting or complimenting others on their jewellery.
- Take her for window shopping: One of the easiest ways to discover a woman’s likes is to take her window shopping. If you are confused about what your beloved likes and want to surprise her with jewellery, observe her while she is window shopping and you will soon know what jewellery items grab her attention and make her eyes sparkle.
- Be careful about what the jewellery represents: If you are thinking of buying jewellery for your girlfriend, don’t buy her a diamond ring unless you are ready to propose. For most women, rings represent a proposal and invoke the image of church bells and a wedding gown. To save yourself from apparent embarrassment or misunderstanding, look for unambiguous jewellery items like bracelets or silver chains, necklaces, earrings, etc.
- Ask her friends: The easiest way to find out about a woman’s preference in jewellery is to ask her friends or sisters. They are the ones who would know more about her likes and dislikes, as women often confide about their preferences to their closest friends and go shopping together. If you are planning to surprise your beloved, do not forget to swear her friends and sisters to secrecy to stop them from accidentally spilling the beans and ruining your plan.