The secret to dressing well isn’t a closet with dozens of clothes, but knowing how to put them together. So it doesn’t matter if your wardrobe isn’t to your taste, as certain concepts allow you to create the most versatile looks and can look different every day. If you’re wondering how to combine clothes in my wardrobe, read on. Because below we give you all the tricks to always look stylish and never look the same.
Answers to “how to combine clothes in a wardrobe”
Rule number 1: Learn color combinations
If the question keeps coming to your mind about how to combine the clothes in your closet, pay attention to rule number 1. We refer to understanding how colors relate to each other. Know this and you will never fail again. At this point, consider the following aspects:
- Play with achromatic colors (black, white, gray, beige). To always get the right styling, it’s easiest to choose one of these colors as your primary color and then combine it with a secondary tone. For example, pair black trousers with a green or pink knit sweater. Another color that serves as the main color is cowboy. Jeans go great with any tone!
- Bet on Monochrome. No need to collate if you want black varsity jacket. We take an all-black or all-white look as an example, and both are so fashionable. In general, you can use any color to create a monochromatic style with different shades for each piece of clothing.
- Black, always the darkest color. The truth is that there are rules that break the rules. But in general, black is a color that doesn’t go well with equally dark colors like navy blue or brown. Always combine black with bright colors, as you risk creating a rather boring outfit.
- Do not set aside warm tones. Vivid shades such as burgundy, mustard or orange should not be parked. Learning how to assemble the clothes in my closet has to do with creating the look that clothes exist. They match perfectly with brown tones.
- Military Green is a good wildcard. Speaking of the main color, I almost added military green. And this privileged place is earned thanks to how well it combines with almost any color. If you match green trousers with a pastel pink blouse, you can create a romantic look, and you can create a casual style with a simple bright red T-shirt or match a mustard colored sweatshirt to add an urban feel.
- Combine up to 3 colors. One final tip to write will help you not to look too stuffy. At best, you can choose trousers of one color, a t-shirt of another color, and a bag of a third color. Keep the rest of your accessories or clothing in harmony.
Rule number 2: Mix trend and basic
Rule number 2 means executing to identify possible combinations with wardrobe as protagonists. It is as simple as choosing basic items such as black, white, and denim pants.
The task is to find the various possible combinations with the tops in the closet. Of course, they have different styles. For example, knitted sweaters, blouses and short-sleeved T-shirts. Since they are achromatic pants, it will not be difficult to identify possible candidates.
You can go a little further and choose a jacket or jacket for each combination. The goal is to adapt to different situations by creating a variety of looks that include both basic clothing and trends. Now try on your shoes and choose your boots or sneakers to make sure they fit perfectly with each outfit.
For example, you can base denim pants with a mens varsity jacket, a striking bomber jacket, and sneakers. Jeans and crop tops are okay, but you can add a shirt to your outfit. Another possibility is to choose a knit sweater from above and again combine it with the bomber mentioned above. And if you focus on accessories and shoes, the possibilities are multiplied!
How to combine the clothes in my closet is an easy question to answer. As you can see, it’s the quality, not the quantity that counts. Keeping essentials like jeans, black dress, basic t-shirt, white shirt and sneakers on hand at all times can do wonders! Whatever you need to complete your wardrobe, we have it in our Polynesian catalog.